Mobile Device Management – or MDM – is a type of secure control software, that allows the enforcement of policies, processes, documents and management on devices such as mobiles and tablets.
MDM is widely used by organisations to lock down staff devices to allow specific applications and restrict access to non-work-related activities.
With the ‘Bring Your Own Device’ model, MDM can be installed onto existing handsets owned by a company, or onto employees’ personal handsets.
MDM allows for two areas within a handset – Personal and Work – which is particularly useful for organisations that have staff using personal devices.
The ‘Work’ environment is Sandboxed, keeping their personal life away from their work environment.
On your employees work sandbox you can:
- Push notifications to staff, like rota changes and company announcements
- Allow specific apps such as corporate email and company planning apps
- Prevent 3rd party data sharing with app restrictions
- Push business content to content libraries on the handset
- Enforce passwords and PINs on handsets to give extra protection to devices
Our technical team can help you develop the best way to use MDM within your organisation, from the apps and areas to restrict, managing corporate email and keeping staff up to date with push notifications.
Mobile Device Management is available for all iOS and Android devices, giving you control over your company applications and data, whether you provide the devices or not.
For more information around how MDM can be tailored to the way your business uses devices, use the contact us page here.